As most of you know I work at a bank. While in Missouri I worked at a different bank for about 2 1/2 years. When we moved to GA I applied at alot of places and went through a depression because no one was calling back for anything. I guess all things happen for a reason, because eventually I did get a call from a local bank. I was hired on pretty quickly, and offered afew different places.
At first I wanted to work at the main bank on base because that ment I would work 8-5 M-F. I would have evenings off and weekends off with the family. Then she offered me a spot at the walmart branch. I would have Sundays off every week, and they worked 10am-8pm, which ment I could sleep in every day and get off still somewhat early to see the family... then she offered me a spot at the store on base. That is what I was doing in missouri also. I knew it would be LONG days.. they are open from 8am-10pm.. I did not want to do those hours again..
but I gave it some thought and took the position. I would have to work weird hours and have to work weekends, but then when the kids have appointments (or myself) I could have the day off instead of having to lose hours.
That was back in August 08. I was hired full time (in MO I was part time) and I was getting paid $3 more an hour. By November I was taking the Customer Service Rep class to move to the next level.. Our manager was going on vacation and she needed someone to be able to do the next level stuff. There were 2 other people who work there who could do it, but they only work nights and weekends.
That all went well and I have learned so much in these last 6 months. My manager has helped me fight for a raise, but unfortunatly due to the "bad economy" no one was getting raises.. ugh.. well my manager was going on vacation again .. and so for the next 2 weeks I get to work 8-5 M-F for 2 weeks.. and basically do my normal stuff and her stuff too.
Her last day at work, she sent me an email and I didnt even notice it. She told me to open it.. and it told me I was the new ASSISTANT MANAGER!! Woo hoo and it DID include a pay raise. I am very happy. Basically nothing will change as for what I do at work. I just get more emails..lol and more money.
As much as I miss the girls I worked with in missouri I am VERY HAPPY with where I am working. I get along with everyone I work with, although I live some more then others. I have learned alot from them too.
Best hubby EVER
8 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment