Monday, November 16, 2009

Vacation time and Deployment Fair

Well, Jr and I are both on "vacation". Wish it was away from here again, but we are both on vacation from work. I dont have to go back until the day before Thanksgiving. When I go back what a whorle wind week it will be. I will work normal Wed, be off on Thur for Thanksgiving, then.. the store opens at 4am for Black Friday, so we have to be there at 3am to prep the cash for the store.. FUN!!

This week while I am on vacation I have lots of mini plans. I am going to clean the house and put all the laundry away. I am also getting everything done that needs to be done before JR leaves.

Today for his work they had a "deployment fair". We got to go to one place and get lots of stuff done. They set the gym up with lots of tables and we went around and got info from everything. First table they had Bill O'Rileys book.. free.. grabbed one.. you can never have too many books and I like Bill! Next stop was the flu station. We had Jenna with us (because we needed something for her they offered..).. so Jenna and I got shots. We both for the H1N1 shot in our arm. She got the regular seasonal flu in the nasal mist.. I said NO I wanted the shot.. drainage from the nasal mist grosses me out.. Jenna was freaked about the shot and didnt wanna do it. But she was a trooper and did.. and as the lady was sticking her she looked like she was gunna freak and then a millasecond pause when she realized.. "wow this doesnt hurt" and then she giggled.. LOL. The lady was laughing and said she never had a kid GIGGLE while getting shots!

We also learned today that when Jr deploys, each of the kids is allowed 2 sports registrations for FREE this coming year.. and also 4 free Skies classes. SO this coming year Jenna can play soccer, or softball.. or both or cheerleading.. and then the Skies classes are ballet, tap jazz, gymnastics, karate .. so, I guess after Jan we will look into what all they have. Waiting until Jan because then Jr will be gone, Christmas break will be over, kids will be back in school, my holiday hours will be back to normal.. Jan is when our lives for the year actually take over.

I also learned about a program called HIRE. It is for teens. They get to job Shadow.. and volunteer.. To graduate the kids need 40 hours of volunteering.. so with this job shadow, they Volunteer for 12 weeks.. they get experience AND they get time towards graduation requirments.. THEN.. as a BONUS (because they can not get PAID to volunteer) they get around $500 in cash. (depends on funds at the time but $500 is normal). I think I will check this out for Mycah.. he needs something to do!

Jenna was also able to get her ID card today. They can get it once they are 10. Jr was gone when she had her birthday and we had an appointment once that we missed.. so.. instead of making another appointment, we were able to get it done today too..

Things we still have to do this week: Clean house (havent started) my In Laws will be here Saturday!!, we need to register Jrs Jeep on base, plus register my car in GA because it expires in Dec, we need to see about Registering Jrs in GA, because his expires in feb, I need to change our Dr to ON BASE because we currently get seen off base and they now have openings on base, humm I know there is more, but my head it killing me and I need to make dinner.

OH yeah just wanted to let you all know. Jr will be leaving any time after Dec 1. I he is advance party it will be near the end of week 1.. if he is normal party it will be any time after the 12 (his birtdhay is the 10th). He will be headed to Kuwait where they will spend about a month training and stuff.

Normally 1 Brigade replaces 1 brigade in Iraq. The job they will be doing it.. downsizing Iraq. Can you beleive it is finally really happening?? When they get there 2 brigades will be pulling out.. so it will be 1 to 2.. but during their time there.. a total of 5 brigades will leave.. so they will be doing the work of what 5 other brigades are doing.

Once in Iraq he "should" have internet and possible cell phone. I have heard Skype works in Iraq and alot of people use it. I will let you all know. I will also send out an email with address and email address for him.

Ok guess thats it! Love to you all!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

so do you know where he'll be going? Rob just got back last month from Q-West. At least they aren't doing the 15 month rotations any more. 3 months doesn't seem like much extra, but was a killer. Skype worked for some, but not all. Most of my friends used Skype, but Rob couldn't get it to work right where his CHU was. They FINALLY got a new internet company there as well, so not as outrageous anymore. Good Luck to you all.