Tuesday, January 19, 2010

wierd injury.. UGH my kids

Ok so I just had to blog about this wierd injury on Mycah today.. because.. "only mykids" I swear. So this morning he comes down stairs wrapped in a towel, which was odd cause I know he did not take a shower. He says "mom, I need you too look at something" and I am like "what?" and he goes to move the towel and I am like oh dear goodness what in the world is this boy gunna show me (should have taken pics..ugh.. I will when he comes home from school..) any ways..

So there is a greenish yellow blister like thing on his upper thigh. About the size of a finger.. width and length. There is a red ring around it. He says it is VERY painful. He touches it lightly and makes a face and says "AWWGHH".. (alittle dramatic if you ask me.. but hey maybe it was that bad)..

OK so last night he started taking a med he has SUPPOSED to have been taking. He had a drs appointment and the dr said he could tell he has not been taking this one. It is part of a combo of other stuff, and they are all supposed to work together and bring him to a middle spot for his moods/emotions.. but it is also used for sleep.. so he doesnt take it cause he gets too tired.. but he just needs to take it for afew days and it will level out in his system and he wont be so tired..

Well last night he was in the house at 9pm so he took the meds, was up with me for a bit then went to his room. I checked on him later and he was asleep, but his TV and laptop (which was on his lap in bed) were still on. So I woke him and told him to turn his shit off..

Ok so I see this thing on his leg, and I say "what side of your lap top is the fan on, underneith".. he said he thinks the right side.. well guess which leg has this thing on it.????? It is a damn freaking BURN on his leg from his laptop sitting on his leg and getting too hot while he was asleep. OMG!!

WHy do my kids have such wierd things happen?? So we used a pin to drain the fluid (it was VERY full) and we covered it in a bandaid.

He just called from school a bit ago, complaining that it hurt and he could not put alot of weight on it. I said "im sorry, there isnt much you can do" He said the nurse said all he could do was call home and ask me what he should do.. I said.. go back to class. It is gunns hurt at school or at home. How much walking around is he really doing at school anyways??? 5 minutes between 2 more classes?? and to and from the bus?

HUMM I am wondering.. once he gets home and his friends are all outside, will it still hurt? Should he stay in for the evening? :)

0 comments: