Thursday, December 4, 2008

Low Iron

I didnt know if I mentioned this or not. I had my blood drawn back in Oct and a DR finally contacted me and left me a voice mail that my iron was really low. I tried calling them back but the nurse was not in the office. Well I got a letter in the mail with a Prescription. I have severely low iron. They have written me a prescription for a medicine to takeevery single day for 30 days. They I have to wait 2 months and have my blood drawn again to see what my levels are at.

I was shocked to see that my B12 levels were not low.. I hadnt had my shot since May.. and I was taking it every month. Well I was looking Anemia up online and found out that lack of B12 can cause low iron.. so I am guessing THAT is why..

Now I know. .and I have started my shots again..

0 comments: