Thursday, February 19, 2009

Self Cleaning Ovens

OK I have never had a self cleaning over.. mine just always burned, smoked, set off fire alarms and I had to clean with oven cleaner.. which amazes me with how well that stuff works.. so anyways, back over the holidays I guess some stuff had dripped and burned. I was not having a problem with it.. well every time I saw it I always thought.. DAMN IT I need to clean it when I am not cooking, and I need to get some oven cleaner..

Like I was saying, It was fine for me.. but for some reason when Mycah and Jr would use the oven the damn smoke detectors would go off.. why I am not sure cause they didnt do it for me..

So I finally got some oven cleaner this week.. and I was doing something.. maybe making dinner that night and I noticed a metal piece on my oven and I bent down to read it and it said something about self cleaning.. humm.. oh yeah there is a button at the top panel that says self cleaning.. and hey guess what, you DO NOT use oven cleaner on a self cleaning oven.. (waste of money.. there it sits!).. any ways so that night I push the button and it flashes something else, then it flashes to tell me to lock the oven door (didnt even know there WAS a lock until then).. so we had to bed.. timer said 4 hours 20 minutes.. well after like 30 mintues there was a wierd smell.. kinda like when you turn on your house heater for the first time.. hum guess it was just the oven we thought.. hope the damn smoke detectors dont go off..LOL.. so.. next morning we awake.. the oven is clean.. except a very few small crumbs to lightly wipe out..

HOW THE HELL DOES THIS MAGIC OVEN WORK!!! I love that!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's how they work?? I had no idea! Mine is self cleaning, but I've never used it either. lol