Wednesday, March 11, 2009

9 year old

Gosh, I just dont know where to begin.


Last night jenna asked if she could pretend she was cooking.. I was like ok what ever.. so she gets the flour, sugar, salt, a bowl, some water, spoons.. and she is mixing away.. she asks where the vanilla is..LOL.. she is playing nicley at the table.. she then asks where the food coloring is.. LOL.. she had a great time.


Today she asked if her friend could come in the house and play with the home made playdo.. I told her give me 10 minutes, so she went back outside. I sped cleaned up some.. got the table super clean, got out the cookie cutters and everything.. all was nice and neat and clean. Her friend dominique (a boy) came in with her.. everything was good. She had one color he had another.. jenna did not want to mix the colors she made so I set the rule.. no mixing colors..


then the door bell rings, it is dominiques little brother caden who is like 7 i think.. then door bell again, its her best friend Rahja.. so.. so STUPID ME who never lets kids in the house says ok.. 20 minutes but everyone has to leave by 630pm.. I go to head up stairs to escape the noise.. (is this mistake #1??).. but before I go I say.. NO mixing colors, and no being bossy.. (is this mistake#2??) I guess what I never said was.. do not throw flour..


I hear some yelling and pissy fitting.. and I hear Jenna tell someone to leave.. Rahajs dad comes to get her and so I go down to check on jenna and she is clearly upset.. I asked what was wrong and she says dominique made a mess (i can see flour and dough lightly in her hair.. umm ok, its not bad, she can shower)..


so I go into the kitchen and I see a sink full of stuff COVERED in dough.. not just dishes, but the water faucet, the counter, the floor.. there were globs on the floor!! so I see the table.. OMFG what the F**** is this HUGE mess.. oh it was terrible.. I wish I would have gotten a pic before I cleaned it up.. I did get a pic of the sink..

as I was cleaning the table up, i noticed my shelf.. UGH.. 2 of my bookshelves are covered in flour.. 3 door knobs in the house are caked with dried dough.. the table, the floor, 2 towels, the legs of the table..

So I spent the next hour or so cleaning.. I had forgotten to take my meds the last week.. and I took them today.. good thing as I stayed calm, through a long, rough cleaning time..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate leting kids come in the house to play! lol I would have tracked that little kid down amd informed the parents that their child has some cleaning to do!

Teej said...

This was too funny