Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mycah


Mycah is in JROTC and he is very excited. When we were in Missouri he was in the Civil Air patrol. They met once a week and it was run through the Air Force. Each week they did tests, or PT (exercise), they learned how to march, they learned military formations, etc. He LOVED IT. They did over night and weekend trips and learned search and rescue. He learned that was his thing. He was a natural leader and in fact he won an award for most improved cadet that year.

Unfortunatly here the closest one is at least 30 minutes away, but they high school has JROTC which is run through the army. 2 times a week they do book work, 2 times a week they do drills like leanring how to march and stuff, and then one day a week they do PT. He gets a full class A uniform for free from the school. He has to wear it every Wednesday. Well that was yesterday. I did not get his pants hemmed for him in time so he was unable to wear it yesterday. We had an emotional morning yesterday morning because of it. First off he waited until Tuesday night to tell me he needed them hemmed and there was nothing I could do, but I got some double sided tape.. to try and hold the hem.. it wasnt working. SO he got in trouble and he had to do 100 pushups.. he was told he had to wear it today (thursday) or else he had to do 200 pushups. So I ran out yesterday found a lady who would hem his pants right on the spot for me. paid $12 and she did it.. so today he is the ONLY kid in the WHOLE school wearing this uniform.. Jr and I are afraid he will not emtionally be able to handle the comments. We talked about it and I was ready to go in and talk to his teacher and tell him Mycah wont be able to handle it.. but Mycah says he is ok and he can do it.. I am going to be prepared .. either for a phone call.. or Mycah when he comes home.

I worry about that boy. I need to get him an appointment here with a Psych so we can evaluate his meds and stuff.. I am making him take his meds in front of me every day to make sure he is really taking them.. he has been having alot of ups and downs, so I dont know if some days he is not taking the meds.. or if maybe his hormones and stuff are effecting the meds.. and they need to be ajusted.. We will see I guess..

Anyways. he looked GREAT. He is so hansome. and he is so proud of himself!


0 comments: