So, I started my new job yesterday. I am going to start as a teller at the PX (store on base) like I was doing in Missouri. I will have crappy hours. Anywhere from like 830am-10pm.. and even worse around the holidays when the store opens early, and they do the midnight madness sales.. the bank has to stay open to do the cashiers money bags..
But I choose this location.. sorta.. I at first wanted the main bank here on base. It is 2 miles from the house, and a normal bank. 9-5 M-F. BUT then I was thinking.. if I ever need to make the kids a DRs appointment, I will have to take a day off from work. So then I was thinking I wanted to work at the bank inside of the Wal Mart in town (all of these banks I am talking about are the same company, they have 6 different locations in town and on base). Anyways, the walmart branch is open Mon-Sat. I would ALWAYS have Sundays off, I would have at least 1 sat off a month and then one other day off a week. Work days would be LONG.. you have 4 10 hour days.. and the 3 days off. BUT they dont start work until 1030am and they are off by 8pm. So I could sleep in and I would be home earlier then I was in missouri..
Ok so the main bank on base, although it would be nice to be off every weekend and ever night with the family, there was NO room for movement there and I wanted some day times off.. so I wanted walmart and she was gunna give me that job, but then she called me.. she asked if I was TOTALLY agains working at the PX branch.. I said I was open to anything, I just want to work. So she told me I have GREAT chances at movement there. She said the ASsistant manager is leaving in Oct, and she was not promising me that spot, but that I would make a GREAT candidate for it with all of my training. (the tellers here ONLY do teller stuff like cashing checks and deposits) I was doing new accounts and all account maintanance..etc..
So I went for that one. It is 2 miles from my house also.. but the hours are 9-9 every day.. alittle earlier to open alittle later to close. THey are open on holidays and weekends..etc. They are closed Christmas day. I will have at least 2 days off a week. At least 1 weekend off per month.
They said I have the potential to be an assistant manager and a branch manager in the 3 years while I am here.
So I started training yesterday. It was mainly picking 6 DIFFERENT confusing passwords. Some had to be 8 digits, with one being a number and one a symbol, nothing could repete.. the next was 6 letters, the next was 7..it was confusing for so many different ones.
Today we had basic rules, sexual harrasment..etc.. and then the teller teacher took over. We took some notes and we will have a test tomorrow. There are 33 different branches and She listed them .. she will give us a list.. and we have to put what branch it is.. like #1 is the hinesville main branch, the main branch on base is #2, the one I will be working at is #6..etc..
I have 2 weeks of this training. Everything seems to be going well so far. I am happy to be back to work, and I cant wait to see a PAYCHECK!!! UGHH its been rough with no money coming in since the end of March.. execpt jrs money.. its been BEYOND tight!
Ok I will keep you all updated!
Best hubby EVER
8 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment