Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bad Friends

What happens when you dont like your kids friends? I am at a loss. I DO NOT like one of Jennas friends, for good reasons. I don't want to hurt the little girls feelings in not letting Jenna play with her, and it is Jenna's main best friend, but, I have to be strict with Jenna now, because I know she is gunna be the one to push all my limits as a teen. And she is only 9 now.. I am afraid of what is to come.

OK I will give you alittle back ground..LOL.. This girls name is Johanna. She is also 9 and in the 4th grade with Jenna. She lives 2 doors down from us. Her mom just moved to Washington to get a job, because the dad and the 3 kids will be moving to Washington also. So right now it is the dad and the 3 kids. WHen we moved in the mom warned me about all the other kids in the neighborhood and how her kids cant play with them, because they are bad kids and stuff. I thought this would be a good friend for Jenna.. I was thinking they were a semi strict family.. I dont want someone over strict. but you know.. well that is not the case.

Jenna is far from perfect.. and no where what Kendra was at her age. Again, I know Jenna will be a whole other case. But since we have been living here (one month) she has gotten in trouble more then the whole time we were in missouri combined. EVERY time it involves Johanna.

Lets see lets make a list of the things I KNOW:Some how they "found" 2 digital cameras on the side of the road.. I dont know if they work or not, but kinda weird. They aquired sun glasses from a yard sale. Jenna said the lady gave them to her for free, Mycah said he heard Johanna say they were going to steal them, Jenna said that Johanna said she was gunna put hers in her pocket and steal them but Jenna said the lady gave her her pair.. , Jenna used a magic marker to draw a face on her stomach..permanent ink.. , and most recently.. Jenna shaved her eye brows and her legs.. that topped the list for me. Her eye brows are half gone, her legs totally shaved.. she has 2 razers hidden under her bed.

I give her credit for being 100% honest with me on the razer ordeal.. I told her that. I just dont know what to do..

1 comments:

2much_compassion said...

LOL! Have Jenna take you to the house were the garage sale was to verify the lady really gave her the glasses. Call her bluff...if she is bluffing. If she didn't really give them to Jenna, then talk to the woman and ask her if she has anything Jenna could do around her yard for her, or something as punishment and also to return the glasses. I always scare my kids with the cops...I tell them that cops are there to protect us and are good, BUT if you are a bad person then you will get what you deserve.

If Johanna is going to be moving in a month, just make sure the girls are supervised (ie in your house or yard) and not galavanting all over the place without a responsible adult present. Give Jenna that option...tell her since she seems to be getting into a lot more trouble than usual, she has two options to choose from. 1) Not to see or play with Johanna again or 2) play with her with the supervision. Heck, it's only a month! :)

With the razor incident...haha..I caught Hannah shaving her legs a couple of years ago too! She did get into trouble then a few days later I talked calmly with her. I told her that for certain things she needed to speak to me first. We talked about how Hannah was feeling embarrased at school because she had hairy legs so I then approved for her to shave but taught her how to properly. (Now that I think about it, she was probably Jenna's age then...) Discuss with her about her eye brows (LMAO!) Tell her she does have a chance that they may not grow back...

Anyway, good luck to you! Jenna sounds similar in some ways to Hannah! (Tee hee hee!)