So, seems like I have been getting one weekend day off each week and with the weather being so nice lately, we have been taking a beach trip every weekend.
What I like about being here, is that each weekend we try out a different beach, a different island and have a different experience.
This weekend we went to St Simons Island. A friend recommened it. We have driven past it before, but my impression was that it was TOTAL touristy.. lots of little shops and people everywhere and crowded.. not my idea of relaxing. But we gave it another try. We were not sure where we were going once we got on the island, but we turned down a street and found a dead end that said beach access.. so we parked in the little dirt lot and went to take a look.
Definatly different from the other beaches we have been to. All of the others are like LOTS and LOTS of white soft sand.. and some sand dunes. This place was big rocks up against the side to make a barrier, and then the sand between the rocks and where the water currently was (high tide had passed and the water was headed back out).. the sand was wet sand.. basically at high tide the water comes all of the way up to the rocks.. which in return left some neat tiny tide pools for the kids to look at.First thing we saw was a "rock" in the sand. Humm what is that we wondered. So Mycah and Jenna were messing with the rock and poking at it and trying to lift it up.. then it moved..
and the kids were screaming..LOL. Mycah kept digging at it, jumping back afew times as it moved.
and the kids were screaming..LOL. Mycah kept digging at it, jumping back afew times as it moved.Ended up being a crab.. good size and alive.
JR took it and washed it off in the water and put it on the sand for us to watch.. it had a thing for me cause no matter where I moved it followed me. I was trying to get a good pick and it went where ever I went. It was really cool cause it was eating something. We guess a shrimp.. you can see it in the pics.
JR took it and washed it off in the water and put it on the sand for us to watch.. it had a thing for me cause no matter where I moved it followed me. I was trying to get a good pick and it went where ever I went. It was really cool cause it was eating something. We guess a shrimp.. you can see it in the pics.
We went walking down the beach a ways..
My day started off kinda crappy.. I had to talk mycah into coming with us to the beach (I knew once he went he would be fine).. Kendra was alittle grumpy about something, so I went off.. everyone was pissing me off, It was my one day off and I was wasting my time around people who were pissing me off.. SCREW YOU ALL.. so Kendra got mad and went to the car, so I got mad and went back to the car too and said everyone get your stuff, play in the water, so we can go home!!
My day started off kinda crappy.. I had to talk mycah into coming with us to the beach (I knew once he went he would be fine).. Kendra was alittle grumpy about something, so I went off.. everyone was pissing me off, It was my one day off and I was wasting my time around people who were pissing me off.. SCREW YOU ALL.. so Kendra got mad and went to the car, so I got mad and went back to the car too and said everyone get your stuff, play in the water, so we can go home!!
I grabbed a towel, sat my ass down on it on the wet sand and pouted.. Kendra laid out, Jenna went in the water and jr and I argued alittle. I rolled over and cried, Mycah and JR went for a walk down the beach, Kendra ended up following them and Jenna stayed to dig in the dirt and talk my ear off.
After awhile Jr and Kendra came back from down the beach. they were all excited and talking about everything they saw and wanted me and Jenna to come with them. I still was pouting and said NO.. So jenna went with them, I rolled over and went to sleep and had a great nap.
After awhile Jr and Kendra came back from down the beach. they were all excited and talking about everything they saw and wanted me and Jenna to come with them. I still was pouting and said NO.. So jenna went with them, I rolled over and went to sleep and had a great nap.
While down the beach, the tide was rolling out and a sand bar was accessable.. from the sand bar they saw lots of mana rays (they think), and a puffer fish. They made sand castles and just had a great time.. GOOD FOR THEM!! lol

0 comments:
Post a Comment