I have had to get my blood drawn for afew weeks now, maybe a month. But trying to prep to get it done is very hard work. First off I had to not eat or drink anything other then water for 12 hours.. IMPOSSIBLE for me to do. I just can not go that long without eating at least one bite of something. I normall have a light snack like Apples and cheese or some beef jerky at like 10pm or 11pm, depending on if I worked until 10pm.. ok so by having a snack that late I would have to wait until 10-11am the next day to do blood work... YEAH RIGHT .. do you know how hard it is, to NOT take a bite of Jennas breakfast when I make it for her in the morning??
SO last night was the night for me.. I took a muscle relaxer and went to bed by 930pm.. it was SOO hard to not take a bite of something.. I got jenna up and off to school.. did not take a bite of her breakfast, even though it smelled WONDERFUL!!
I went to the clinic to have my blood drawn. It was ordered from my original NON military surgeon from missouri. I got a letter in the mail and an order for Labs. Well i guess some of the blood work confused the lady because she had to go across the hall and ask someone about something. After about a 15 minute total wait I went into the lab, she rolled out the white labels I gave her.. WOW it was like 3-4 feet long.. SERIOUSLY.. like the length of a yard stick at least. Then she started pulling vials from the shelf.. and then she had to go ask someone about something too .. (guess they dont do a certain one very often).. as she was gone, I counted my vials.. 13!! 13 freaking tubes of blood they were taking from me.
She came back and we got started. My blood wasnt pumping too fast. About tube 3 she seemed to be having problems.. she pulled another from the shelf and tried it.. guess it was the tube itself.. but boy it took forever to get it all done.
After the lab I stopped by the starbucks coffee stand in the hospital. It was decent.
I went to the pharmacy and got mine and mycahs meds.. (I havent had my B12 shot since MAY.. supposed to inject it monthly).
I am now home, its 945am and I am headed back to bed, becuase my meds are still kicked in from last night!
Best hubby EVER
8 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment