Tuesday, October 21, 2008

ER trip part 2 with Free Ambulance ride

ok so, all was well last night, when I last wrote. Mycah had a million meds to take. We picked up dinner ate dinner and mycah took his meds. I went to my room he went to his room. This was at about 1130pm.

At this point in the evening I had been awake since 6am, that is 17.5 hours. To include 9 hours at work, about 3 hours in the ER.. so I was ready for some sleep and Mycah was too. Mycah sent me a text message that said he had a severe stomach ache. I told him to go to sleep he would be fine. He messaged me back and said he could not take the pain.

I DRAGGED myself out of bed, and went to his room. He was curled up in ball writhering in pain yet seeming kind of "out of it" in attitude. I was like OK THEN get some clothes on I will take you back to the ER.. and I went to kendras room to let her know and I went back into mycahs room cause he was coughing again.. and all of the sudden he got a massive bloody nose. He has gotten bloody noses many a times him and jenna both have. Its no longer a big deal, they both know how to take care of it themselves.. but thi was different. I can discribe it.. but it was different.. so.. now I have Mycah acting alittle off, his stomach in severe pain and a massive bloody nose.. THEN he jumps up and runs into the bathroom and starts throwing up, pretty violently.. and he cant pinch his nose while he is throwing up so then there is blood pouring out his nose while he is throwing up.. I am like OMG what is going on, is it an over dose of all his meds, is it an allergic reaction to a med.. so I called 911

They sent an ambulance. when they got here, I had mycah dressed and in the livingroom. He was calm, but still not himself (with his ADHD he is usually somewhere annoying in a Mycah sort of way).. they took him by ambulance to the ER and started lots of tests on him. we did blood work, urine, started an IV fluids, meds, pain meds, anti vomit meds, they did chest xrays (which they should have done earlier)..

they are blaming everything on Prednison and a version of Vicodin that they gave him and told me to pull him off those.. they had him resting well.. we were there until 430am..

Got home right ater 430 (I got up the day before at 6am so I was up 22.5 hours), went to sleep until 6am when I had to wake kendra, back to sleep 30 minutes until I had to get jenna up for school and then myself ready for work.. I was running off the 2 hours sleep I had, after being awake 22 hours.. I got ready for work where I was hoping my boss would send me home.. but she could not. I was in charge of the vualt today and she had to take her husand to the dr for a surgery that he could not drive himself home from, so she needed me there is no one else (we are short staffed on knowlegable people).. luckily she called around 12 and said I could go home.. she was on her way back.. so I am home now and Mycah is resting still

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! How frickin scary is that??

Bekah