OK DUMB ass me. We (ok Kendra) decide we are going to the beach today. I told Kendra if she buys me a star buck we can go. So last night we decided to make it an early morning and do the sunrise thing again, since Jenna did not go with us last time..
So 430 came really early this morning, especially since I was up till 2am.. snooze was nice until about 5am. Jr and I got up, threw some stuff together, shoved kids in the car and headed off to tybee island.
I personally did not want to go. I never said I wanted to. But I forced myself to go. Knew I would have a good time. Up until the last minute I was still thinking about how nice it would be to offer to stay home and let Jr and the kids go alone.. but I never said it.. I knew Jr would say it was ok.. even though he would want me to go.. so I was a trooper.. BUT I decided I was going to make a relaxing time for me and only bring a book and a chair.. no camera.. didnt want to worry about sand, water, etc..etc..
So we get there and it is looking alittle clearer then last time.. last time we didnt get to seet he sun rise over the water.. but more like over some distant clouds over the water. So this morning was beautiful.. oh I need to just bring the camera ever time..LOL.
We got there about 10 minutes before sun rise and guess what the kids found. almost brand spaking new boogie boards IN THE TRASH. There were 2 of them. So they took off running for the water (jenna and mycah). I decide I want to be left alone and head north up the beach.. guess what.. not alone, here comes Kendra behind me to talk and pester..LOL.. It wasnt bad, we walked a ways.. we were heading back and we saw the same lady we saw last time we were there. She waved and said hello. There was also a lady taking all kinds of pictures kinda where jr and the other kids were. She was even taking pictures of Jenna.. what a wack.. anywho..
We were walking back and kendra noticed the sand was raised alittle and it was wierd.. it was in the shape of a star.. we both stopped and looked and we were like what the heck.. so i reached down and dug it up and it was a REAL LIVE STARFISH.. omg have never just seen one of those things laying around before... and it was DEFINATLY alive.. with its bright yellow tentacle things.. moving and stuff.. we ran it back to Jr and the other kids and they all took turns holding it and touching it. It was wierd the way it moved.. you placed it flat n your hand and it would like arch up and kinda crawl away.. jenna had it on her arm at one time and Jr was trying to get her to put it on her nose.. he offered her a dollar.. or a pack of gum. Kendra just told me she did put it on her face.. i missed that..
So all this time the lady is still taking a ton of pics. Of the kids, of the star fish, of the kids with the starfish, of the kids boogie boarding..etc..
Kendra and I went up to the car to change, and from the car kendra sees the dolphins swimming by Jr, the kids and the lady. They are not paying attention as they are all crouched down looking at something else the other way. So Kendra takes off running towards the ocean screaming LOOK AT THE DOLPHINS .. LOOK AT THE DOLPHINS!!! There were at least 6 of them this time.
Jr and the others were looking at a fully intact (but freashly dead) Horseshoe Crab.. to me it looked like a military metal WWII helmet..LOL.. so I would have called it a helmut crab.. but jr says it was a horseshoe crab.
SO this morning was filled with a beautiful sun rise, a starfish, boogie boarding, horseshoe crab AND lots of dolphin.. and no camera.. BOO HOO..
But, that lady with her million dollar camera that was taking lots of pics, offered us CD with all of our pics. She said her dad lived down the road and she would leave the CD with him for us. I was up at the car and she came out with her business card and info on it for her and her dad. All she asked in return was that she was able to use our pics. I said sure..
So we do get to have pics and physical memories of our morning.
One thing we did not capture on film.. while standing at the car, I was looking at this house we were by and the front HUGE window was kinda fogged up, because of the humidity.. and there was a guy standing there.. I could see him, but blurry.. well then he turned around. I could see he was wearing black shorts.. no shirt.. THEN.. he dropped his shorts.. I said OMG to kendra and laughed and told her.. I looked away.. didnt want to see anything more.. and didnt want him to turn around and see me watching..LOL.. ends up being the camera ladys husband...ACK
Best hubby EVER
8 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment