Saturday, September 13, 2008

gas prices

So, with hurricane Ike, gas prices are crazy here. Why do people freak out, and think that gas will run out? Yesterday at work a man came in and talked for like 15 minutes. He said he just waited 45 minutes to get gas. That it had jumped way up over $4.00 and by end of the day it was supposed to be over $5.


My manager started calling around the gas stations on base to see how the lines were. She found out the one place did not have a line, so she took her lunch break early and ran to get gas. Everyone was freaking out. I of coarse had no money until This morning, because pay went in Saturday.. so I was SOL.


Late last night when JR got home, at like 10pm I was like I REALLLY need some chocolate. I knew I had like $10 worth of winning lottery tickets in my car. I asked JR to take me..LOL. Finally at like 11pm he takes me. Yeah guess what, the lottery machine shits down at 11pm.. and it was 1105 GRRR so I had to leave with no soda and no chocolate.. and one very apologetic husband..LOL.. but the point of this was to tell you A)gas was up about $1 from currant local average ..it was $4.50 and also there was a sign limiting people to $45 worth of gas.


So this morning I woke up EARLY and I checked to make sure our pay went in the bank (it did.. ) so I went to the shoppette to get some munchies for Mycahs "field trip" and to let Jr know how the gas lines were (he had to be to work at 8am and had to get gas first). Ok so there was NO line at all.. WOW and gas was still $3.69 on base.. I asked the lady if gas prices were slated to stay the same. She said yes, that on base they do no do the drastic price jump. but then she informed me that they were out of gas (explains the no lines) and that the other gas station apperantly had lines..


Ok WHY do they not have signs up??? People were swiping their cards and trying to pump.. and they were not even using the speakers at the pumps to let the people know.. GR when I walked out an a guy was trying to pump I yelled over to let him know they were out of gas. Well actually they were not out of gas, they had either mid grade or the high stuff.. but someone pulled the emergancy level and they have to wait for someone to come re set it..


ok so I went home and I told Jr.. and I drove over to the other gas station to let him know how bad the lines were.. so he would know to go that direction or go the other way to go off base to get get gas.. so he would not be driving all over the place.. so I get there and there are only 3 lanes open (out of 6 lanes) that means 6 pumps were open.. there were anywhere from 6 people in each line up to 10 people in line while I was wait for Jr to get there.. he finally arrived and there were about 6 people in front of him.. which isnt bad since there are 2 pumps.. he had to wait for the people pumping when he arrived to finish, then the next people pulled forward.. then he was after the next set.. this took AN HOUR.. the gas was pumping at an unbelivabley slow rate.. apperantly he finally made it to work. He did call the people in charge to let them know he was waiting in line for gas.


When I finally left him I noticed they were changing the price of gas.. while he was in line gas went up .40c..LOL.. it went up to $4.04..


later I went to pick up kendra and went to the gas station first (I went by the one that was out of gas to see if they had gas) they had gas AND there was no line :) yeah me!


Mycah is still on his dolphin trip. He sent me and kendra a pic via text message of a tooth. The tooth was the size of his hand and it was from a megaladon. Something that lived 200 million years ago. I dont know if he was at a museum or something.. will know more later.. Here is an art picture of what a Megaldon looks like.




Ok I am very much in need of a starbucks. So Kendra and I area headed out to get starbucks and take some pics.

0 comments: