OK, so Kendra got her braces 1 year ago. Aug 20, 2007. Cost us an arm and a leg to start them. Our insurance pays $1500 and everything else is on us. They make you pay like $1000 up front then they break the rest down into monthly payments.. well, so we left Missouri in March and Kendra has not been seen since we left there. They gave us her records and gave me a list of local orthos that do her type of braces (hers are a newer less time, better treatment braces). So i have been calling ALL around last week to get her seen by someone (because she broke a bracket and well its been since march..) so NO ONE in the area does her type of braces. Everyone said we would have to come in, and they will take hers off an put the other kind on. UGHHH.. so I made an appointment and went in today.. I have all her records of what the treatment plan was, her originaly pictures and xrays..etc. originally she was supposed to be in braces about 24 months.. we are half way done.. about..
ok so we go today.. we are there an hour as he is looking over everything in her mouth, measuring curves, and gaps, and stuff..
in the end this is what they tell us..
She will have to come back for a 2 hour appointment, where they will take off the old ones and put on the new ones. They did xrays and pictures today ($180) and we will have to make 3 payments of $350.. then $130 a month during the rest of the treatment.. Our insurance coverage of $1500 was almost all used in MIssouri.. all we have left is about $300.. (those prices I listed were AFTER the $300 insurance part)..
AND they are saying she will need another 30 MONTHS of treatments! WTF, she has already done a year and they are saying another 2 1/2 years. They are also saying she might have to do extraction.. where they leave the back molar, but take the next tooth out. That gives the rest of her teeth room to move about.. but first she will be using rubber bands and head gear for ALONG TIME and see if it works first..
UGH..
ok so tonight Kendra and I did a massive online search for orthodontits in the greater area..LOL.. even if I have to drive like 30 minutes to an hour, it will be cheaper then starting all over again.. we will just pay for general monthly treatments, not for all hard ware again.
So after Kendra called afew places in savannah.. I found one inthe other direction. I looked them up online and first thing I noticed was they listed her type of braces.. WOO HOO. SO I called them and we booked an appointment.. YEAH
Abot her braces.. they are known for a shorter treatment time, they have alot less problems with plaque buildup and stuch, and instead of the head gear, it is a spring like mechanism inside her mouth not a big thing around her head..HAHAHA.. also it says on there that tooth extraction levels are alot lower when using these type..
Will keep you all informed :)
Best hubby EVER
8 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment