OK, so I thought we had to be in court by 530pm, so when Jenna came home I had her shower and get all cleaned up, and then Jr jumped into the shower. I was kinda taking my sweet ass time getting us ready cause it was only right about 4pm and I figured we had until about 430 to get out of the house. It is about a 30 minute drive at least. SO there I am poking along and I was looking for the paper work for Jenna.. and I notice that it says 5pm.. NOT 530 WTF.. ok so Jr says he knew that and I was like why didnt you tell me.. so I grab my socks an shoes and we get in the car.. luckily we were pretty ready but it was already like 415pm.. we have 45 minutes to be there.. traffic was going SLOW.. and I then notice on the paperwork it says to be there at LEAST by 455pm.. GRRR time is slpping away.. we have a good 30 miles on a 2 lane back road stuck behind slow cars. We get to the free way and go as fast as we can (with being safe and not getting pulled over).. we get to where we are going (Hunter Army Air Field which is another base in Savannah..) we did not know where we were going on the base. By now it is like right at 5pm we are like OMG.. we got directions when we went in the gate and we flew to where we had to be.. we ran up to the building and we went in the door. WE thought it was the main door but actually it was the backside.. either way, it was all the same hallway. Kids were lined up with parents against a wall.. I asked the guard if we sign in. He told me no, you just wait and they call your name and if you are there you go in... all of the sudden they call us. WHEW we made it with like less then 1 minute to spare..
So they called us and the other kids at the same time. It was Jr and I with Jenna, and the other father with his 2 kids. We all went into a room where there were about 8 people sitting at a long table. There were 3 chairs right infront of them. LIke seriouslt 2 feet away from the middle guy. They had 3 chairs for us on the side. They told the kids to stay standing until the parents sat first.
The main guy explained who everyone was (an attorney-or prosocuter, the Chief of Police, the SGT Major of the base, some other guy, a lady who is the CHild Youth Services Director and the Chaplin). Themain guy explained why they were there, asked for some info and then let each person ask questions and make comments.
I learned alot today. It killed me to not cry. I did get teary eyed at one time. When the child youth lady was talking to the kids. She said they were looking over the file before the kids came in. There were PAGES of pictures of the house. (we got to see some from where the kids spray painted).. anyways, she was SHOCKED she said she pictured teenages coming into the room. She has a 9 year old and they would NEVER EVER do something like this. I got teary eyed, because I too, have a 9 year old who would never ever do this.. and she did.. Jr actually broke down when we left too, its just so heart breaking.
ok so where is what I learned today that I did not know before we went into this (and I wish I had known ahead of time:
- jenna and johannah had done this before!!! They skipped school the week before they got caught and spent the WHOLE day in this same house just hanging out.. the other father knew this already and the school police officer also was aware.. and no one told us!
- Noah (the brother) started a fire in the house the day they were all there. He turned on the stove and their was a plastic bag that caught fire.
what really makes this whole thing scary is that the next week there was a house worker that went into a lady house and killed her and her kids found her. What if that was the man who found the kids in the house? What if when they took off running and he told them to stop, and they came back, something would have happened to them. This poor lady let a man into her home, to do repairs so she thought, and her kids came home to find her murdered!
So, what is the punishment?? Well the attorney let them know that if this was off of the base and they were older, or if like as adults they did this, there would be major punishments, the police chief also yelled a bit and really went off on the boy for starting a fire and how he could have killed someone, the lady asked if they were in any after school activities.. which I guess I need to get jenna involved in. Give her somewhere to go after school and get help with homework or at least out of the house and doing something productive.
Here is it:
- 180 days of a strict cerfew. She can not be out from 6pm-7am without a parent
- she must write an apology letter to the housing office manager
- she must write 1500 word handwritten essay on "what child saftey means to me"
- JR gets a WARNING letter stating if any more family members cause problems we will be kicked out of housing
- $703 worth of damage
- we must call Child and Family Servies and sign up for counsling and theray. Once completed we will get a letter which we must hand deliver to the police station.
well for now that is all. I will keep everyone posted!

0 comments:
Post a Comment